I ate something I was specifically told not to eat, a little dough pouch that the vendor poked a hole in and filled with sauce. The sauce is supposedly made with tap water, my bad!
So I've been in bed all day. The other volunteers have been really nice and made me tea. :)
Day 4- Exploring the City!
I did get to do some awesome stuff yesterday right before I got violently ill. In the morning an American girl named Hannah took the other medical student Lindsay and me us to the touristy area of Udaipur! Here is me in a tempo on the way there, which is like a rickshaw that can fit more people. It was only 7 rupees, about 15 cents!
| Lovely mural |
| So many boxes! |
We had a beautiful lakefront view in the cafe. In the distance you can see the hotel where the James Bond movie "Octopussy" was filmed.
The three men in the picture below were remodeling the fascade of this arch facing the lake. One guy was slathering red clay on the wall very slowly, while the other two men watched. It took them about an hour to cover three square feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment